Rss Feed
  1. We've moved out of the old house, and now we just have to sort out the new one, to fit us all in.
    My body ACHES. Today, I am doing absolutely nothing, save going to the shops to pich up a layby and redirect mail and turn off power. Tomorrow, we get stuck in.
    On the upside, cleaning gives one a bunch of time to ponder things upon which to study. So many interesting things went through my head, I only wish I had a pen handy to write them down, because I'm sure I've forgotten most of them.
    One that stuck in my head though, was about King David. I love him. He is so... normal! I love how he writes about every gammet of emotion. I think we'd get along alright, ol' Dave and me.
    I was listening to my Sons of Korah c.d... if you have not heard of them, they sing the psalms. They put them to the most beautiful music, and it is the best way to learn the psalms, and have the Word permiate your home. My eldest, Troy, thinks it is the most awesome thing, to sit down with the Bible and follow along with the words.
    Anyway, so I was listening to Psalm 35 and I remembered my pastor saying once that when praying for your enemies, it shouldn't be one like "Oh Lord... Please, make them die a long and painful death, and please let me be there to see it" and then I heard this part of the psalm...
    May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to shame;
    may those who plot my ruin be turned back in dismay.
    May they be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of the Lord driving them away;
    may their path be dark and slippery, with the angel of the Lord pursuing them.
    Since they hid their net for me without cause and without cause dug a pit for me,
    may ruin overtake them by surprise— may the net they hid entangle them,
    may they fall into the pit, to their ruin.
    Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord and delight in his salvation.
    Psalm 35:4-9 (emphasis mine)
    Don't you just love it?
    Of course, theologically, there is probably something very righteous about what David is feeling, but I'd like to think it was his poetical way of saying "long and painful, please. And if You could work it that I could watch? Ever so grateful, thanks!"
    You know, like the rest of us mere mortals.
    (I don't know why my paragraphs aren't coming up. Please excuse the difficult to read mess)

  2. 1 comments:

    1. Meg in Tally said...

      This just reminds me that if David was a man after God's own heart...God is pretty cool, too! I've always liked David's honesty before the Lord, he didn't try to sugar-coat things, just told it like it was!

      Good post!

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for chiming in :)

    I really promote conversation here, and I only ask that you be considerate of others feelings, and remember that tone doesn't always translate well over type. An emoticon can work wonders! ;)