Rss Feed
  1. Five-Minute Friday

    Friday 21 January 2011

    Go

    This is the first time I've done this, and quite frankly, it scares the bejeezus out of me.

    Because I have no idea what I'm supposed to write about. Which is probably the point, but whatever.

    Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to have a picture prompt.

    Oops.

    Oh well.

    I avoid writing here, I think, because I know how flawed I am, and to be authentic, I'd have to write a whole bunch more about how I ignore the voice of God, and quite frankly, that doesn't look too good on my resume.

    I've not felt well the last couple of days. My joints ached and it hurt to write.

    I'm out of practice with writing. I used to all the time. Now I don't. I read beautiful blogs, and I know I don't measure up. They have stories they tell so stunningly, and I don't even know what mine is exactly.  I have a bunch of kids, I live in Australia.

    Riveting.

    What would you like me to talk on? Give me ideas? In what way would you like to know me?

    30 seconds left...

    I love my husband. I love my kids. My God is close to me, even though I feel far from him.

    I love that.

    Stop.

  2. 5 comments:

    1. From Tracie said...

      "My God is close to me, even though I feel far from Him." That right there sums up my relationship (and I'm sure many other people's relationships) with God so often. I think that is about as real as you could get, especially in five minutes.

    2. libertybain said...

      I lOVE this. And whatev to "not measuring up...pretty nifty blog here....
      *Blessings*

    3. Nina said...

      Don't worry about measuring up. It's just a blog. :-)

      I tried this exercise and didn't know what to write either. Ended up writing a bunch of drivel and I'm debating whether to delete it or not because it's so pointlessly bad. I don't have super-high standards for my own blogging, but this doozy is probably the worst thing I've ever written and made public!

      I live in North Carolina. So I think living in Australia is probably pretty exciting! :-)

    4. Lindsey V. said...

      I have felt the same way many times....why should I write when so many people do SUCH an amazing job. Lisa-Jo actually has a great post about how beautiful your voice is. I was reminded when I read your post of a quote that I heard in college, "Use the talents you possess; for imagine how quiet the woods would be if the only birds that sang were the best." Keep sharing your voice....I think you will have more to say than you think....

    5. Reese said...

      Ahh Girl, you gots to keep posting. I, for one, miss your voice!! :)

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for chiming in :)

    I really promote conversation here, and I only ask that you be considerate of others feelings, and remember that tone doesn't always translate well over type. An emoticon can work wonders! ;)