Rss Feed
  1. The Little Things

    Monday 3 January 2011

    I spent 10 months looking for the little things I loved about Adam.

    It was awesome. Our relationship blossomed, and it was purely because I made the commitment to focus only on the positives.

    I've watched as others applied this same principal to their whole lives. This year, I've decided to do it as well.

    I've been so negative. I've not been actively involved. I've been lazy, and selfish, and then wondered why my family isn't the way I always wanted it to be. This needs to change. Desperately, and immediately.

    So, every Monday, I'm joining with Ann Voskamp over at A Holy Experience and will be paying attention to the little things in my life. Posting 20 things each week will bring me to 1000 at the end of the year.

    1. Sunday afternoons in the pool
    2. A new house with space
    3. A husband who does the dishes
    4. A slower pace of life
    5. A guest worship leader (oh my)
    6. Friends over for new years eve
    7. Adam's week off work
    8. My eldest son, who helps so much
    9. Two new baby teeth
    10. Fluffing my new space
    11. Money that just seems to streeeetch
    12. Night-time rain
    13. Exciting prayer times, proclaiming the year of the Lord's favour (Luke4:19)
    14. Slow school holiday mornings
    15. Mario Kart
    16. Baby hello hand waves in the morning
    17. Friends who help out
    18. Lots of new books to read at bedtimes
    19. Children tanning up from the Summer sun
    20. The grace of a whole brand new year



    You can join in here :) Let's make this year the most beautiful, yes?

  2. 3 comments:

    1. Annesta said...

      Welcome to the gratitude community! You will find that this practice has a way of changing you from the inside out.
      I join you in gratitude for husbands who do the dishes, a slower pace of life and school holidays.
      blessings to you
      ~a

    2. Prudy said...

      So awesome.

    3. Lindsey V said...

      Welcome to the Gratitude Community! Thanks for sharing your gifts with us! I love how you went on the journey to rediscover what you love about Adam....precious & priceless those journeys!!

      Happy Multitude Monday! :)

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for chiming in :)

    I really promote conversation here, and I only ask that you be considerate of others feelings, and remember that tone doesn't always translate well over type. An emoticon can work wonders! ;)